Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Christmas of Firsts!!

So we have already had a rough year when it comes to Christmas decorations! We bought a real tree since Owen is morally opposed to fake trees (his family still goes up and chops theirs down themselves) and by the 8th it was pretty crispy, and by this week, we were afraid to turn the lights on!! So since we're close to Christmas, all the stores are clearancing their trees, so I went and got a fake one. I know, I sold out! In my defense, I did buy a Christmas tree scented candle :)



Every year I do a different themed Christmas tree. I got the idea from my aunt, and I love it! This year, I did a picture tree since photography is such a big part of our lives this year! These are a few of my favorite ornaments.





I also got my first wreath this year - Blake loves it hanging on our door! He says its really Christmas time now.



My grandma bought us our first nativity set this year for Christmas. She was sweet to let us have it early so we could enjoy it during the Christmas season. I absolutely LOVE it - its my favorite nativity that I've ever seen. I think its so simple and beautiful. There are other pieces that go with it, so I'm going to keep collecting them over the years!



And of course - the whole reason to celebrate...

1 comment:

Melissa Jill :) said...

Love the ornaments!!